Found posted on rec.pets.dogs.rescue
From the Midwest Animal Shelter Newsletter:
This is the way MY
dogs were trained (Lois).
- The dog is not allowed in the house.
- OK, the dog is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
- The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the
- The dog can get on the old furniture only.
- Fine, the dog is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed
to sleep with the humans on the bed.
- OK, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
- The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the
- The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.
- The dog can sleep under the covers every night.
- Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog.
Designs Copyright © 1996-2008,
All rights reserved.
Please read our copyright & reprint policies.